Thursday 3 January 2013

Audience


As our opening sequence genre is going to be thriller I have decided to do some additional research into the codes and conventions of a thriller. I have discovered that the thriller genre is a large scale genre that a large number of films fit into. For a film to fit into the thriller genre it needs to be fast paced, upbeat, full of suspense and keeping the viewers on the edge of their seats throughout the duration of the film. There are 3 main elements included in a thriller to enable the audience to recognize its genre, they are, "suspense, tension and excitement."
For further research I decided to create a questionnaire which I asked to some peers in my sixth form. The questionnaire would allow me to understand what others, my age where in interested in, to do with the film industry. I believe the additional research would benefit me and my group allowing us to create and exciting, eye-catching thriller, that would appeal to others my age.

what films do you watch?
I tend to watch chick-flick movies and rom-coms most of the time.
I mostly watch action and horror films.
I usually find myself watching comedy films and on the odd occasion i will watch a thriller.

Why do you watch these kinds of films?
I am enticed by the movie as i love films to do with love and relationships, i also feel empathy with the girls in the movies sometimes-this keeps me hooked, as i understand the situations they are going through.
I like action films because they are fast paced, there is always something going on and i enjoy watching violent scenes. Same with horror films, they are also full of action usually and i like seeing blood and gore.
Comedy films are always light-hearted and full of happiness; i find it uplifting to watch these kind of films as they always put me in a good mood. I do occasionally watch some thriller movies, i like these to because they are always not what you expect them to be, and they have a twist which I find very alluring.

How or where do you watch films?
Usually in my bedroom on Netflix or sometimes I will go to the cinema.
I download most of my movies and sometimes I watch them on TV or on DVD.
I have hundreds of DVD's so either on by that or if they are on TV.

Do you watch British films?
I haven't seen many, although I do tend to watch some British films sometimes that's if I go to an independent cinema.
I've seen a few but i prefer Hollywood movies.
Yes i like some British films although I do prefer Hollywood, American films as they seem to be a lot less serious.

What is your opinion on our chosen genre?
Really good choice, I think it will captivate the audience if it is done well. Thriller films now a day’s are a great success with all target audiences so i think it could be a success.
Great idea, it is a genre that a lot of people our age are interested in. Thriller films have exciting story lines that will capture audiences very well.
I think it’s an exciting choice, as I like thrillers I am particularly interested and i feel that it could be a great idea.

What elements appeal to you about our pitch?
I really like the idea of the man being a stalker and having loads of photos of the girl in his car, it think this is an interesting story line which will keep people hooked.
I like the use of the different camera angles to show emotions and also to confuse the audience, this will really help to add suspense in the opening sequence.
The most appealing aspect is the location, it's so simple but if its shot well it will be very effective, likewise with the use of the camera angles to trick the audience I think this is very impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment